The recipe everyone needs in their life. If you are looking a for a delicious way to sneak some extra veggies into your diet then this recipe is for you! One of my all-time favourite recipes that I made with SA Mushrooms. Check it out and let me know what you think!
2 large Portobello Mushrooms (or a handful of button mushrooms) finely chopped
280gm baby spinach
1 leek, sliced
250gm ricotta cheese
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
4 thyme sprigs, chopped
3 puff pastry sheets
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1. In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, allow spinach to wilt down and drain any excess water, set aside.
2. In a fry pan, melt down the butter and add the thinly sliced leek, garlic, parsley and thyme and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes. Once leek has become translucent, add in the mushrooms and mix well until cooked. This should take about 5-7 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, spinach and mushroom mixture. Mix well until combined. Add in the egg and stir through until well combined.
4. Cut the puff pastry in half lengthways and use egg was to brush the edges. Add 2-3 tablespoons of the mushroom mix into the centre, roll until covered and cut each roll in half. Place the roll onto a lined baking tray and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Repeat with remaining pastry/mushroom mix.
5. Allow baking time in the oven for approximately 35 minutes or until golden at 180°C. Enjoy!
Stay healthy! Love,